She is the Executive Director of the Algarve Tourism Association and is well placed to share her views on the state of tourism down here in the Algarve. It’s a fun interview and she is really easy to talk with. Thanks Dora and we hope you enjoy it!
- 100% Algarvian, born in Loule and raised in Albufeira.
- Shopping trips to Ayamonte in Spain.
- Dreams of Archaeology, History and Architecture all led to a University degree in Lisbon.
- Her love of the Algarve brought her to a job in tourism as a Duty Manager at a hotel in Albufeira, helping the clients.
- Albufeira Tourism Board: familiarization trips, roadshows, workshops and promotion which she realized she really loved.
- Desiderio Silva (current President of the Algarve Tourism) invited Dora to come over as his chief of staff, writing speeches and controlling his agenda.
- We discuss the difference between the Regional Tourism Board and the Algarve Tourism Association.
- The board helps visitors to the Algarve with Information Offices in each city, they manage a calendar of events and promote the Algarve.
- The Association on the other hand, works with airlines to ensure a constant availability of flights for people wishing to travel to the Algarve, organize press trips, familiarization trips, and segment their operations in to different segments: sun and sea, golf, MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions).
- Why the light is so good in the Algarve for photography…
- How the Algarve is benefiting from a surge in tourism and how to retain those travellers.
- Helping to create businesses in the Algarve.
- Dora’s suggestions for travellers to the Algarve: Eating Algarve Food Tours
- Algarve Tourism Association: http://www.algarvepromotion.pt/en/Default.aspx
- Visit Algarve: http://www.visitalgarve.pt/en/Default.aspx
- Algarve 365: http://www.365algarve.pt/en/agenda.aspx