Episode 5 / Philippos the Greek Restauranteur
Enjoy a relaxed chat with well known Greek restaurant owner, Philippos as he recounts his early days in the Algarve. Having arrived here in the early nineties he has seen the region change a lot. Follow his move from Albufeira to Almançil and on to Loulé which he now calls home.
- Why he moved to the Algarve.
- Originally from Athens with family in Crete
- A Greek tour guide
- The first restaurant in Portugal
- Integrating into Portugal
- Euro 2004 football, a surge in Greek tourism in Portugal?
- Philipos’ first restaurant in Montechoro, Albufeira
- The next restaurant in Almançil, now Flor de Sal
- O Grego in Loulé.
- Why there are hardly any Greek Restaurants in Portugal.
- Where to “charge your batteries” in the Algarve.
- The cake business
- Festival Med in Loulé
- 11 Gourmet
- 11 da Vila