Yvette grew up in Canada and moved to our beautiful Algarve. She now owns an online travel business and is brimming with advice and tips. Listen to her one important takeaway from this podcast.
- Yvette grew up close to Vancouver in Canada from Portuguese parents.
- In her youth figure skating was a pastime, motocross was a passion.
- Her move to Portugal when she was 14. Her parents were from Sabugal, near Castelo Branco in Portugal.
- On moving to the Algarve, 4 Estradas near Almançil, she fell in love with the people and the natural landscapes.
- After school she focused on nutrition and sports (The Academia Gym in Loulé, now called Moov Fitness Centre), the restaurant industry, real estate and now online business through www.olalocal.pt
- We talk about being a local social media influencer and product placement.
- A brand she recently worked with was The Holiday Inn in Armação de Pêra, which you may have seen our video of back in VLOG number 3.
- She also works with local clothing brands too.
- Yvette’s tips for young, budding Instagrammers. Be genuine, be yourself and get your profile up on www.influence.co
- She prefers writing (inside tips for the Algarve) and photography and she tells a story from a community member requesting some romantic advice off her. See the related image below.
View this post on Instagram
- Loulé: one of her favourite places in the Algarve, a great place to experience local Portuguese culture, especially at the Loulé CineTeatro (this link is a Google Translate version of the original Portuguese website). Also Ferragudo.
- Yvette’s most important piece of advice for you – hire a car!
- Where is the best place to visit:
- Lagos and Ponta Piedade, Praia do Camilo, Meia Praia
- Beaches and caves in Lagoa: Praia da Marinha, Benagil
- Our five barrier islands in the Ria Formosa and especially Armona Island.
- Yvette’s recommended seafood restaurant: Sol e Mar in Quarteira. Also O Chiringuito Last Chance in Sagres.
- Coffee shop in Loulé called Cafe Q!