Young start ups happen in the Algarve too!
Sam and Lily recently started a company selling odd socks. Yes, odd socks. #oddsocks, #mismatchingsocks and #sockstyle are all a thing. You name it, there’s a thing for it these days. Join us for a chat with these two super cool young entrepreneurs from the Algarve.
- Introducing Sam, Lily and Nick 🙂
- Growing up in Vilamoura, Algarve.
- Difference between public/government and “international schools”.
- The Alentejo and in particular Malhadinha Nova Rural Hotel.
- A crazy business about odd socks.
- Designing a logo and getting started, simply.
- Manufacturing the socks and a steep learning curve.
- The new way of doing business https://www.peopleperhour.com/
- On the train to Porto.
- Selling online through Shopify on www.bsilysocks.com
- Starting marketing through friends and then… Italy!
- Hiking in the Algarve: Rocha da Pena / Via Algarviana / São Bras de Alportel area: Fonte Férrea
- Algarve History 101
- The “Loulé Market” every Saturday morning.
- Medieval Fairs: Silves, Salir and Castro Marim and don’t miss the chouriço festival
Silly Sock Photos
Check out these mismatching socks. They’re not just odd socks, they’re cool socks!