Mark Sebastian Kiss DJ
Mark is a wonderful character full of fascinating stories and he agreed to sit down for a chat with us. Join us for a great chat!
- Mark Sebastian was born in Cheshire, UK.
- Holidays in Majorca led to getting a job there and explored playing records in clubs.
- A company called “Music Service” sent Mark out to ski-resorts, like Wengen.
- He started at St Thomas Hospital Radio in London and then moved into the pirate radio scene in London: Kiss100 and JazzFM… Mark’s training ground.
- The KissFM Franchise and moving to the Algarve in 1997.
- Interviewing DJ Christian F. about his song “Secret” which is all about the Algarve.
- Mark Sebastian DJ’s at a lot of weddings during the summers: best wedding location is Ferragudo. Also another great one is Praia Senhora da Rocha
- Quarteira is a great suggestion to spend some time: reasonably priced and up and coming.
- Portuguese wine and the Bacchus Festival also known as the Portugal Wine Fair.
- We chat about the local Jazz scene in the Algarve: Cafe Ingles in Silves, Jazz in the São Bras museum every month, Jazz in Faro and Jazz Festival in Loulé.
- Changes to the Algarve in the last 20 years: Roundabouts, shopping centres and tolls on the A22 highway.
- What NOT to miss in the Algarve: the Ria Formosa islands, Faro with it’s funky streets and bars, Quarteira up and coming, Lagos, Monchique … “there are not many horrible places in the Algarve”.
- Whats up at 5.30pm every day on KissFM Mark mentions a website called Eventer Bee and for the life of me I can’t find it. Can you?
- KissFM Facebook Every day Mark is on KissFM Radio from 4-8pm www.kissfm.pt