Faro Airport Transfers: Hortensio Fernandes
I get to chat to Hortensio Fernandes from Yellowfish Transfers outside their headquarters in Albufeira (if you don’t know where Albufeira is, I am planning a definitive geographical audio guide to the Algarve… phew).
As is becoming fairly commonplace now, I am using a mobile audio studio – my car! It’s surprisingly good sound quality inside a car, although on this day it was warm and we were really happy to roll down the windows after the interview.
I hope you enjoy the interview!
Just on a side note I wasn’t paid by these guys to do this interview, I just felt it might be interesting info for you.
- Hortensio was born in Albufeira (at home!).
- Memories of taking his uncle breakfast on the beach at “Praia dos Pescadores” after a long night out on the ocean.
- Cliff Richard, one of the most famous people in Albufeira used to visit Hortensio’s family place (specially his uncle).
- Adega do Cantor, Cliff Richard’s wine farm.
- Albufeira: the party capital of the Algarve and the city with the most hotel beds.
- Hortensio’s advice on where to go in the Algarve, plus his perfect beach.
- Yellowfish Transfers transported 250,000 people last year.
- Faro Airport , a little history, a few stats and the 50th anniversary renovations.
- Taxis versus Uber versus Transfer companies.
- Transfer routes and distances: Vilamoura / Albufeira / Praia da Rocha and Portimão / Lagos / Tavira.
- The A22 motorway (with tolls) and the EN125 main road that stretch across the Algarve.
- Yellowfish Transfers started in 2010 and now has over 100 vehicles. Hortensio shares a few stories about what may or may not have happened on the road… 🙂
- The reason I called them was that they are currently number 1 on TripAdvisor (December 2017) for “Transportation in Faro”. Great job guys!
It’s wonderful to see companies helping the community. Here Yellowfish Transfers help underprivileged kids.