Episode 3 / Listen to an airline pilot’s story
Chris has been working as a pilot for the past 8 years on the 737 and arrived in the Algarve three years ago. He is based in Faro and flies out of our International Airport every morning bound for foreign lands and returns every afternoon. It’s a job that allows a sense of normality instead of the usual crazy hours that airline pilots often need to keep.
Additionally there are four days off every five days. Now that DOES sound like the best job in the Algarve. Listen to Chris to see if it’s really true.
Show notes: Chris the Airline Pilot
- How and why Chris ended up in the Algarve.
- Finding accommodation in the Algarve.
- Living around Almançil: on the Marina in Vilamoura, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago.
- A day in the life of a Faro based pilot.
- Challenges living in the Algarve.
- Benefits of living in the Algarve.
- Surf weekends in Lagos: Bon Vivant / The Green Room
- The Guadiana Challenge
- Farol Island in the Ria Formosa
Links to things mentioned in Chris’ chat
- Faro Airport
- Bon Vivant Bar / Restaurant in Lagos
- The Green Room restaurant in Lagos
- The Guadiana Challenge Stand Up Paddle Festival