Greg Boegner from PortugalConfidential.com
Meet Greg, who moved to the Algarve from the USA in 2008. He runs a successful website all about Portugal over at www.portugalconfidential.com Listen to his story.
- Positive growth and a new department of the business.
- The story of Portugal Confidential, from a blog to a business.
- Travelling around Portugal discovering new businesses and writing about it.
- Travel boards and familiarization trips.
- About Greg and his history in Houston, Texas.
- We chat about Greg’s time as the TV Producer for NASA’s shuttle programme.
- Greg moves to Hollywood in 1988 and encounters a writers strike.
- Answering phones for Pacific Arts (who started the music video concept) and moved up to the Director of Acquisitions.
- Workout videos and yoga videos with Ali McGraw. He moved over to Fox and eventually children’s programming.
- Greg was looking for something new to do and looking at moving to Europe, when a friend suggested he check out a new film studio being created in the Algarve. So he moved in 2008.
- We discuss the economic crisis in Portugal and after the film studio ran out of money Greg spent his days blogging on Portugal Confidential.
- A renewed sense of positivity now in Portugal, with lots of investment.
- Greg’s recommendations: Tavira, Santa Luzia and his favourite beach Praia do Barril, Praia da Marinha
- The things we’ll miss if we leave here: slow eating.
- Greg recommends going down to Cacela Velha for lunch, Casa do Polvo in Santa Luzia (for octopus specialities) .
- We move on to discuss Portugal Confidential and a new guide to Comporta (a lovely break from the Algarve).